Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution appertains to saving and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server run by a hosting company. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's have a glance at these. In that way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you wish to run a weblog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain file storage providers, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inapt interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between autonomous hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various webspace hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some providers provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share a great amount of pics with mates or partners since the service is mostly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your email accounts. Some corporations provide site hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you desire to manage an email address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to keep as many video files as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to possess a site. To some extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email aliases, upload videos, and so on. At CK Interactive Design LLC, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for particular content solely.